I had my sister’s family over this Memorial Day weekend. We grilled and ate hearty, but for some reason we always want to skimp on dessert even though we just glutted out. I was thankful to have some of these fresh frozen treats. I told my sister I #gotitfree from bzzagent and that they are low in fat and sugar and guilt free. Her husband and kids were listening intently. They all tried the frozen yogurt bars and agreed that they are sensational. I handed them some coupons so they could swing by Kroger on the way home and get some for themselves.
Kroger has a variety of ways for you to beat the heat and indulge without guilt. Including NEW Kroger Yogurt Smoothie Bars, Fudge Bars, Fruit Bars and Ice Cream Sandwiches, these are delicious flavors that provides a sweet treat anytime, without having to think twice about eating them. I was able to try them free from bzzagent #gotitfree and I’m so glad I did. I wouldn’t have even thought of a store brand before this campaign invite. I even feel good about giving them to my son.
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup red pepper, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk, warm
- 1 cup FAGE Total Classic Greek Yogurt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add elbow macaroni and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Warm the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add red pepper and salt and continue cooking until vegetables soften. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2 quart casserole.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour, stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in warm milk and 1/2 cup of FAGE Total Classic, whisking constantly to keep smooth. Add nutmeg. Bring to a low simmer and remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of cheddar cheese. Whisk until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup of FAGE Total Classic and tabasco. Combine macaroni, onion mix and cheese sauce and transfer to prepared casserole. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining cheddar cheese, feta and bread crumbs. Remove casserole from oven and top with crumb/cheese mix. Return to oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Recipe created by Edward Magel on behalf of FAGE Total Greek Yogurt. Photo by Yder Laya.
What a novel idea. This made my macaroni healthier, yet creamier and tastier. It was a huge hit with my husband and 3 year old. I am thankful from #bzzagent that #igotitfree, otherwise, I’m not quite sure I’d had ever tried it. It is plain, which is also hard to find nowadays, so the fact that it is accessible in a Greek yogurt makes it even better. Fage, in my opinion, is the best Greek yogurt out there. True texture and flavor. The plain works out so great in cooking because it takes on the flavor of the food instead of taking away from it. Well done Fage. Visit http://www.fageusa.com for more great recipes!